Champions are individuals, professionals, students, teachers, anyone really, that have volunteered to dedicate their time to support High School Gh by collaborating with the HSGH team on various initiatives.
You, as our champions help us empathise with the organisation. We need you to have foresight into what young people might need, where perhaps they aren’t developing – so that you can help us build support for them. We welcome you to raise with us any gaps in knowledge, any opportunities, any strategic partnerships and any solutions you might be able to help us design or deliver.
We need you to help us engage with young people, help them to think about their development needs and ensure they are all involved in the opportunities available to them.
We look to recognize and reward our Champions in ways that are meaningful to them and the ultimate benefit is the skills you will develop in addition to your role and the joy of knowing that your time and efforts are transforming the lives of young people. At HSGH, we fully appreciate the value of volunteers and see what a difference they can make to any setting.
Our Champions play roles in teaching, mentoring, coaching, serving on Boards and Committees, sharing knowledge, transferring skills, judging competitions, organizing workshops, and preparing and equipping youth.
5 WAYS YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
1. Internal and External Trainers: We are constantly seeking talent across the various industries, sectors and practices within the country and beyond to share their knowledge and expertise with the internal HSGH team and also train our young people. Become a in-house knowledge expert.
2. E-Learning Facilitators: To make training more flexible and accessible to resources to more young people, we aim to digitize many of our programs and sessions, which will allow for 24/7 access. We therefore require support from you in creating online guides, content, LMS platforms, demos and ‘intro-to’ sessions.
3. The A-Team: We are looking for passionate individuals, who will join our core team to work with us in planning, executing and evaluating our programs. We need your help to help us engage with young people, help them to think about their development needs and ensure they are all involved in the opportunities available to them.
4. Focus Groups: We hold occasional short focus group sessions to better understand how we can improve our value proposition. Your opinions are very important to designing relevant offering.
5. Mentoring: Our mentoring program seeks subject expert professionals to guide our young people to success. We also look for Directors and above to support with team mentoring within the organisation and programs.
Yes! you can become a champion for Ghanaian youth by filling the form to apply to join the team of volunteers helping drive change.